Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goals - got 'em

Not sure if you've noticed, but it's July already. I have no idea how that happened. And looking at my summer plans, I also have no idea when I thought I was actually going to work on the house! Sounds like it might be time for me to set some (hopefully realistic) goals. I always seem to do better when I have something firm to aim for...

By the end of the summer (end of Labor Day weekend) I will have the following completed:
Fence
Hallway, which includes
--Finishing the paste removal

--Patching the walls
--Painting
Refinishing the living and dining room floors (I'm hiring that one out)
Caulking/installing shoe molding in living and dining room
Erin's floor and sink
Finish the speaker hanging

Spray foam the gaps in the back basement window
Weatherstrip the hobbit door


I'd also like to:
Get a good chunk of the kitchen planning done
Clean the very gross windows in the front of the house, possibly including curtain washing
Build the outdoor garbage container
Actually mat, frame and hang pics in the dining room
Maybe even hang the mirror and shelves in my bedroom...


Clearly I'll be doing some work in the evenings. I am officially banning myself from regular tv viewing. But it's good to have goals!

2 comments:

Hoop said...

Ambitious! I like it. Good luck! Can't wait to see the paste-free hallway (or better yet--help with paste removal) :)

Craig said...

good luck I have goals also....