Friday, May 30, 2008

New windows!

Hooray! New windows are in! And I might be slightly high from the caulking fumes...

They look great, I'm excited about them. The guys did a really good job (at least, I think so now. I'll wait until tomorrow's rainstorm before drawing my full conclusion). Two of them look a little ridiculous to me - the windows are straight, but the existing outside moldings look a little crooked, which makes the windows kind of look like they are winking. But once the treatments are up, I don't think you'll be able to tell...

Anyway, I'm really excited to see how these do in making it quieter in here! As well as the breezes in the winters, of course... Pictures after we hang the window treatments.

Oh - and did I screw up? There was great debate over whether or not to tip them (I mean, it seems to be accepted that you don't tip plumbers and electricians, so does this apply to all skilled handymen?). I had money in my pocket ready to go - but the one guy just disappeared, and the head guy charged my card, shook my hand and was out the door. There didn't seem to be an expectant pause, so I didn't tip them. Was I wrong? Share your thoughts...

No comments: